Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New, help needed please!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ipink's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi guys, nice to be on the forums and meet all of you eventually. I just bought a in pretty good shape,a Vintage Argus "Showmaster 820". I just made the purchase on ebay today, and I was wondering what you guys thought of it. What can I do with it? What type of film does it use? If you had any manuals? If any of you wanted to sell any canons or kodaks? Just some general quesitons. Please be honest, I wanna know what I got myself into kind of [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    I want to film surfing. I want to get some surf footage during the day, or morning. The beach is a little far from the wave, but I was wondering if it was still possible. Maybe I should look for a new camera? It cost me 17 bucks, so I thought... hey what the **** .

    Thanks guys, hope to hear from you soon.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Argus 820 is a brand I never used.

    however, the number 8 in the model number may mean that it has an 8-1 zoom, which is pretty good for a super-8 camera.

    If you want to provide a link to the camera I can probably figure out more from the auction information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •